Join us for SASE's first ever online SASEhack! SASEhack is a hackathon that invites students to collaborate on creating innovative solutions for real-world challenges. No experience required!
***More information to be announced as details become finalized. Stay tuned!***
UPDATE: added Agenda
Saturday, October 3rd, 2020
- Hack Time: 12PM ET to 10PM ET (~10 hours)
- Demo Presentations: 10PM ET to 12AM ET (~2 hours)
- REMOTE ! ! ! From the comfort of your home or anywhere else you feel safe and comfortable to partake in the hack
- Create something exciting and showcase your talent
- Experience teamwork dynamic (a viable skillset that every employer seeks)
- Opportunity to receive a discount on SASE's National STEM career fair with 70+ top tech companies
HOW TO REGISTER:
- Register on this Devpost like any other hackathon
- Register for SASEhack through SASENC2020 registration
- Choose an option with SASEhack included
- If you have a team, be sure all of your teammates have registered on this Devpost
- If you don't have a team, you can search for one here on Devpost or at our Pre-hack event. More details to come later!
AGENDA: all times are in Eastern Time*
Thursday, October 1 - Pre-Hack Kickoff
- 7:30 PM: Opening Remarks
- 7:45 PM: Expectations and Preparing for the Hack
- 8:00 PM: Team Formation + Activities
- 8:50 PM: Closing
- 9:00 PM - 10:00PM: Games (optional)
Saturday, October 3 - SASEhack 2020
- 11:00 AM: Registration Check-in Begins
- 11:30 AM: Welcome, Opening Remarks
- 12:00 PM: Begin Hacking!
- 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Beginner's Workshop
- 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Guest Speaker
- 8:00 PM - 8:30 PM: Virtual Activity
- 8:00 PM: Project Submission Opens
- 10:00 PM: Project Submission Deadline
- 10:00 PM: Demo/Presentation and Judging
- 11:40 PM: Winners Announcement and Closing
$1,500 in prizes
$1000 will be evenly divided between the team members listed.
$500 will be evenly divided between the team members listed.
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
1) Participants must be high school or college students -- undergrad or grad.
2) All teammates must have pre-registered for SASEhack through SASENC2020 registration as well as on this Devpost.
3) Teams may be up to 4 members.
4) Hacks must have started at SASEhack. Any prior work may not be used at SASEhack, but prior ideas are welcome!
To be announced
To be announced